Indigenous Peoples and Human Rights

March 28, 2015

Lakota Vern Traversie's statement after jury denies his claims

Statement of Vern Traversie in wake of jury denying his claims‏

A jury in the U.S. District Court of South Dakota has ruled against Vern Traversie, the 71-year-old Cheyenne River Sioux man, who brought suit over civil rights violations that he endured while a patient in the Rapid City Regional Hospital in 2011.
Vern Traversie’s statement: “I thank the jurors and the Court for giving me my day in court. For me this is a victory in itself.  I shared my story about what happened to me while I was a patient at the Rapid City Regional Hospital for one reason: to make sure that no other American Indian is treated in an uncaring way.

Read Vern Traversie's statement at Last Real Indians: http://lastrealindians.com/statement-of-vern-traversie-in-wake-of-jury-denying-his-claims%E2%80%8F/

(Below) Censored News video when it happened:
.

.


Blind, 68-year-old Lakota elder Vern Traversie has KKK carved into his torso while recovering from open heart surgery at Rapid City Regional Hospital on a referral from the Indian Health Service.
After 7 months of waiting for justice, Cheyenne River Sioux Nation tribal member Vern Traversie goes public with an appeal for justice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AMERIKKKA does NOT respect us in OUR OWN HOMELANDS!
My heart goes out to what my elder endured...